Large Infrastructure Projects
The Joint Monitoring Committee of the Poland-Russia Programme 2014-2020 approved three Large Infrastructure Projects. The final decision on the grant award will be taken by the European Commission.
All grant contracts with the beneficiaries of the LIPs selected through the direct award procedure should be signed by the end of June 2019.
The list of Large Infrastructure Projects:
1. Development of tourist-recreational potential and water tourism in Svetly and Malbork towns (Phase 2).
- Lead beneficiary: Administration of "Svetly urban district".
- Other beneficiaries: Municipality of Malbork.
- Total project budget: 5,1 mln euro.
- Amount requested: 4,6 mln euro.
- Scope of the project: The project is a continuation of cooperation initiated during the implementation of the Lithuania-Poland-Russia Cross-Border Cooperation Programme 2007-2013. Its main objective is to support local culture and preserve the historical heritage of the cities of Svetly and Malbork and to develop a water tourism between the Kaliningrad region and the Pomeranian Voivodeship by using the international waterway E-70.
2. CBCycle: Cross-border cycle routes for promotion and sustainable use of cultural heritage.
- Lead beneficiary: Ministry for Tourism of Kaliningrad region.
- Other beneficiaries: Administration of Svetlogorsk municipality, Administration of Pionersky municipality, Administration of Zelenogradsk municipality, Department of Tourism of the Marshal’s Office of the Warmińsko-Mazurskie Voivodship, European Foundation for Monuments Protection.
- Total project budget: 4,5 mln euro.
- Amount requested: 4 mln euro.
- Scope of the project: The project aims to improve the attractiveness and competitiveness of the Kaliningrad region and north-eastern Poland by creating a common cycle route, integrated and connected with EuroVelo cycle routes.
3. Construction of the new route of the regional road No. 512 with the construction of the bridge over the Łyna river in Bartoszyce.
- Lead beneficiary: Warmińsko-Mazurskie Voivodeship (Voivodeship Road Administration in Olsztyn).
- Other beneficiaries: Administration of Municipality “Gusev city district”.
- Total project budget: 8 mln euro.
- Amount requested: 7,2 mln euro.
- Scope of the project: The project involves the construction of a bridge along with the construction of a new section of the road on the Polish side of the border and the renovation of streets and sidewalks in Gusiew, on the Russian side. The implementation of the project will contribute to improvement of access to the border-crossing point Bezledy –Bagrationowsk and development of the transport network in the border area.